Mental Health Crisis Counselor/Therapist/Social Worker (LSW+, LPC+)
Coleman Health Services, a nationally recognized mental health and substance use services provider, is seeking crisis counselors/therapists and social workers to join our Access Team in Portage County, Ohio. Currently looking to fill 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift positions.
Employee Package includes:
- Salary range of $50,000-65,000 annually based on experience, licensure, and shift differential
- May be eligible for a sign on bonus up to $5,000!
- Flexible Schedule
- Excellent team environment
- On the job supervision towards independent licensure
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Annual Wellness reimbursement
- Accrue three weeks of paid-time off during first year
- Bereavement time off
- Discounts on Verizon service plans
- Highest commitment to quality care
- $400 annual CEU reimbursement
- Reimbursement for credential renewals
- Up to 5% of salary contribution to 403b retirement
Are you a passionate counselor or social worker looking to make a meaningful difference in your community? Would you like to work for an award-winning, nationally recognized behavioral health and rehabilitation organization? If you answered yes, then a job as a crisis counselor with Coleman might be a great fit for you!
The crisis counseling and social work team at Coleman is part of a robust system of community partners who help our clients resolve mental health crises and assist with mental health care coordination, to ensure the best outcome. Our crisis services continue to grow as part of our nearly $4 million dollar Federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA) grant to implement Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) models of care in our service areas across the state of Ohio.
Our Company Culture and Benefits Set Us Apart! Regardless of your role at Coleman Health Services, your work makes a lasting impact on those we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a collaborative community of dedicated professionals whose primary mission is to improve the lives of our clients. In return, you can also expect opportunities for career advancement and continued professional training.
Job Duties for a Mental Health Crisis Counselor/Therapist/Social Worker Include:
- Use triage, engagement, assessment and trauma-informed behavioral health interventions to foster crisis intervention
- Work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to connect individuals with both inpatient and outpatient healthcare and behavioral health care services.
- Determine need for a higher level of care and coordinate referrals to hospitals and community resources.
- Answering crisis calls from community members and systems of care
- Maintain a collaborative relationship within community referral sources, hospitals and community stakeholders
Minimum Qualifications of a Mental Health Crisis Counselor/Therapist/Social Worker:
- Bachelors or Masters prepared with an active Ohio License of Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Social Worker LSW), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), or Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW) or higher
- Willing to obtain NPI and Medicaid Provider number (we’ll help!)
- Must be able to work flexible shifts with weekend and holiday rotation
- Maintain excellent driving record
Preference given to the following candidates:
- Past or current work experience in an emergency room, community behavioral health or crisis intervention setting
- Past or current experience in motivational interviewing, crisis intervention and trauma informed care.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. E.O.E.