Chief Operating Officer
Do you have a strong commitment to ensuring inclusivity and a passion to lead and grow a diverse team? Do your personal values include a desire to work to create an environment of trust and alliance? If the answer is yes, WellPower is seeking these values in their next Chief Operating Officer.
This role will serve as the primary support advisor to the CEO and will lead all internal operations. As part of the Executive Management team, the COO is responsible for operations WellPower to ensure efficient, effective, and high-quality mental health services within the community.
How will the COO effectively impact the organization?
The successful candidate will strategize with executive team members to coordinate plans and processes for organizational work, and to enhance internal operations to support the organization’s immediate and long-range objectives. Champion continual process improvement.
WellPower seeks to maintain a trauma-informed environment of wellbeing.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
EDUCATION: Minimum of a master’s degree required in an area related to mental health services, business operations, healthcare administration, quality systems, or closely related field.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 8 years management experience within a mental health organization or similar medical provider. An additional 4 years of experience in a healthcare director/vice-president level leadership role preferred. Experience with proven positive outcomes regarding clinical services and organizational goals is also required.
- Actively engage through leadership role in promoting an equitable, collaborative workplace to end systemic anti-Black racism and create and maintain a trauma informed environment of well-being
- Appraise, evaluate, and monitor operational infrastructure, systems, processes, and standards to achieve organizational goals as laid out in the Strategic Plan.
- Implement and adhere to best practices in customer satisfaction, operational alignment, caregiver engagement, financial value, and provider satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Chief Medical Officer and other leaders and providers to formulate strategies and initiatives advancing a broad spectrum of clinical services, clinical quality and operational excellence helping to ensure safety and positive clinical outcomes.
- Provide coordination, project leadership and positive direction to Vice Presidents and others within the organization toward high standards of excellence and achieving exceptional services.
- Provide leadership for and support to others with the goals of operational excellence, effective collaboration, employee engagement, and an excellent customer service experience for all; promoting a culture of well-being.
- Working closely with V.P. of Human Resources, establish and maintain procedures and practices to ensure effective managerial and leadership development.
- Direct and develop procedures and controls to maintain high-quality services, promote communication, and ensure compliance with important rules and regulations.
- Apply shared knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current best practices, research/new developments, and applicable laws regarding operational and organizational effectiveness. Ensure regulatory compliance for all areas of local, state, federal law and organizational policies and procedures.
- Work with Chief Financial Offer and others to implement and manage budget for area of responsibility demonstrating effective stewardship of resources and achieving annual goals.
- Participate in committees and meetings outside the organization with the purpose of staying informed of, compliance with, and organizational influence on regulatory issues, clinical services requirements, and standards, as well as improvement of our community’s overall system of care
Compensation Range: $280K - $300K plus bonus