Education: Bachelor’s degree or an in-depth specialized training program directly related to the type of work to be performed and three years experience in Human Resources, which includes emphasis with benefits administration.
Licensure: SHRM Preferred.
Experience: Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulation as related to human resources management. Demonstrated ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment; skilled at working with teams and reinforcing their efforts. Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem analysis/solving and strategic planning. Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Must demonstrate an appreciation of and the ability to work with diverse population. Commitment to ethical standards and excellence.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Administer benefit programs to include analysis and serve as primary contact with providers (including group health, dental and vision), workers' compensation, unemployment and retirement plans.
- Complete workers compensation claim forms and post-accident drug screens to ensure data is input to HRIS for OSHA reporting. Prepare OSHA 300 report.
- Plan, direct, and supervise all activities relating to the administration and maintenance of employee benefit programs (health, dental & vision) to include amendments to comply with government regulations.
- Develop, implement, and control programs in a manner that ensures cost-effectiveness, market competitiveness, and internal equity among employees. Assist the Director in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned, including but not limited to recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation and administration, affirmative action/EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization.
- As directed, participate in the investigation and resolution of ongoing employee relations problems, anticipate problems whenever possible, and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution. Process all terminations. Process interns and volunteers and onboard as necessary. Participate in presentation of benefits during HR Orientation with new hires.
- Serve as lead during annual benefit open enrollment process via on-line HRIS system.
- Assist with distribution of FMLA paperwork, as required health.
- Must have personal automobile and current valid Florida driver’s license. FT or PT positions available.
Must be able to complete a level II background screening and pre-employment drug test in compliance with Florida Law