Frontier Health serves Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Sullivan, Washington, and Unicoi Counties in Northeast Tennessee and Lee, Scott, Wise, and Washington Counties and the City of Norton in Southwest Virginia.
* Serving the region since 1957, Frontier Health is the premier provider of behavioral health and substance abuse services throughout Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. Frontier Health offers extensive access to quality behavioral health, including mental health, co-occurring, substance abuse, intellectual and developmental disabilities, recovery, and vocational rehabilitation services for adults, children, and adolescents.
* Crisis Stabilization Unit serves the 10 counties of Northeast Tenn. This program is a voluntary mental health unit for adults who are 18 years of age or older and are experiencing a mental health emergency. Referrals are made through an initial screening, assessment, and triage.
* Adolescents 12 to 18 in state custody, at risk of state custody, runaways and throw-aways are offered group home services. Project SAFE Place and also, assessment and observation services for state custody youth on referral by DCS.
* SAFE House is a temporary shelter for victims of domestic violence and their dependent children.
* Recovery services for individuals with psychiatric symptoms and addiction through wellness education, vocational training, improving independence & advocacy. Also consumer run peer support services are offered at sites in Tennessee and Virginia.
* HOPE for Tennessee provides health, outreach, prevention, and empowerment through education and prevention services including HIV, STD's, Hepatitis, Tuberculosis, Universal Precautions, Abstinence, Teen Pregnancy.
* School-based services including Project BASIC, Student Assistance Program, Regional Intervention Program, and Art Smart.
* Intensive in-home services for families including intensive in-home case management, Comprehensive Child and Family, Continuous Treatment Team, and additional intensive outpatient services for substance abusing women who are pregnant or have dependent children.
* Residential services for adults with developmental disabilities and serious and persistent mental illnesses in group homes, supported living and independent living settings.
* Forensic Services and Psychological assessment for children, adolescents, and adults for referred individuals from local industries, health care providers, legal services, DCS, DHS, law enforcement, emergency agencies, school systems.
* Therapeutic Foster Care is provided in Tennesse with TRACES and in Virginia with VALUES programs for custodial and non-custodial children and youth with behavioral and/or emotional problems, or neglect, is provided through qualified, trained parents.
* Substance Abuse Treatment includes outpatient, intensive outpatient, or residential services. Clients may also have and are treated simultaneously for a co-occurring mental health diagnosis.
* Contract Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) are provided to regional business and industry entities.
* Mobile Crisis Response Services respond 24 hours a day for acute emotional and/or substance abuse problems to medical centers, community service agencies, physicianâ€™s offices, and detention centers. The specialized Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Team assists local clinicians, law enforcement, and community members during traumatic incidents.